Installing the Voyage Private App in Shopify. In order to pull in customer profile and event data for segmentation and setup abandoned checkout messages, Voyage needs to connect to your Shopify store.
Note: To complete the Shopify Private App installation, you will need admin rights.
4/8/21: Please refer to the documentation below regarding API permissions as the video is outdated.
Time: 2 minute video
Create a Private App within Shopify
- In the Shopify Admin, select Apps
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, click the link Manage private apps
- Click the Create new private app button
- Under App details, enter the following:
- Private app name field: Voyage
- Emergency developer email: email address of your developer (use your email address here if you do not have a developer on staff)
- Under Admin API section. Set permissions for the following:
Note: If you do not see one of the categories above scroll down and click on Show inactive Admin API permissions to expose additional categories
Note: If you have already created an app, please update the version to 2021-04, if applicable.
7. Next hit Save. Click Create App in the next window.
8. Copy the API key, Password and Shared Secret values and input these as well as your Store Name ([store_name].myshopify.com) into the integration form in the Voyage app.
In the Voyage app, navigate to the Integrations Dashboard. Find Shopify and click Activate.
9. Click Next. In the final success screen click Done.
10. To check if the integration is complete. Enter the integration form again hit Next. If you do not see any error messages, your integration is complete.
Note: if any of the above steps were missed or completed incorrectly you will see an error message.
Tip: Enabling 'Inject Global Tag' will auto install the Voyage Global Tag
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What features can I unlock with the Shopify integration?
You will unlock the following features:
- Customer segmentation by Shopify purchase history - created order, total spent, etc
- Drips Abandoned Checkout and Cart
- Where can I find my shop/store name?
Navigate to Online Store -->Domains