About the Voyage API
All APIs are organized around REST. The API endpoints were designed to be predictable and resource-oriented and use HTTP response codes to indicate API errors. This means a single resource or endpoint can and often does provide different functionality based on the HTTP verb used to access it. JSON is returned in all responses from the API, including errors.
You authenticate to our APIs by providing one of your private API keys as part of each request. The Voyage API is served over HTTPS and all requests must be authenticated.
This section primarily contains narrative around our suite of APIs. For more detailed technical API documentation, please see our official API reference.
Getting setup with the Voyage API
You can obtain an API Key from the Voyage dashboard in order to call the Voyage API. To get your API Key follow the steps below:
- Login to the Voyage dashboard.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Scroll to the section called ‘API Keys’
- Add a new API Key by clicking on ‘ADD API KEY.’ You can manually name the API Key otherwise it will have the API Key itself as the name.
- Click on ‘SAVE SETTING’ then the API Key will be generated.
- You can now copy the API Key by clicking on the clipboard icon beside the API Key.
You now have API Keys to use the Voyage API!